Monday, March 28, 2011

Puck Stumped

Irrigation is such an irritation. The gophers drain our little ditches, and after dark I can hear the water gurgling up through the gopher holes, but I can't find the holes among the foliage in the darkness to plug them. Then there are the coyotes and La Llorona lurking around the main ditch when I go out to lift the main gate in total darkness. But I'm thankful I finally got enough water to irrigate all of the garden.

At one point I went out to check the water and Puck was lying on a stump posing for my camera. Mama Manx was being a gargoyle on a railing among the roses. Then I found a unicorn grasshopper, and had to crawl around on the ground following it before it let me get close enough to photograph it with my macro lens. Diné was torturing grasshoppers earlier, so the unicorn was probably one of her victims.

The sunset through the mostly silhouetted trees shows a little green of an elm that's leafing out, creating a complementary interest against the yellow-orange sky behind the trees. Finally, I couldn't resist photographing another honey bee working the plum blossoms.

Unicorn Grasshopper

Mama Manx in gargoyle mode






No comments:

Post a Comment