Monday, April 4, 2011

Rosencrantz Garden Staute

We worked on the garden when we got home tonight. Laurie scraped up some topsoil off the driveway, and I pruned an apple tree, a pear tree, and cut back a butterfly bush. While I was walking around inspecting and photographing blossoms, Rosencrantz decided to make like a garden statue.

The yellow daffodils light up nicely in the low sun, as did  some rose leaves and crabapple blossoms, so backlight flowers are a theme for tonight.

The irrigation ditch was a trickle tonight with about an inch of water running in it— no irrigating tonight. I turned the drippers on the circle garden and while I was walking around inspecting plants I heard a hissing sound, and discovered a cracked joint in the half inch hose. The fun of spring maintenance on the drip system.

It was fairly cold tonight, so the cats didn't stay out very late. However, the cool weather made Puck feisty. I heard spatting and high pitched meows while I was pruning the pear tree; then I saw Mama Manx tear up the telephone pole. She got three quarters of the way up the pole and stayed there looking down at Puck, who had a smug and satisfied look on his face. I got after Puck, so he ran to the house, and Mama Manx backed her way down the pole, which took much longer than her ascent.





No comments:

Post a Comment