Friday, January 14, 2011

Stuck in Traffic


What does one do while sitting in traffic on Alameda? Laurie read a math book on her Kindle, while I did some photographs. I was going to go out and do some photographs in the bosque tonight, but I was thwarted by the discovery of a broken water valve in the old pump house. Apparently the heat tape didn't hold up to our last sub-zero night. I spent most of the evening removing the valve and caping off the pipe. There was a lot of hose and pipe to take apart to get to the valve, and then the valve was rusted onto the pipe. That valve is probably older than I am! I finally got the pipe capped, the water back on, and I hope the new heat in the pump house that will keep it from freezing again.


The sunset was less dramatic but nice

No comments:

Post a Comment