Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Village of of Lights


Inspired by Salvador Dali, I stitched these photos together, attempting to create a little more interest in ordinary subjects. In the case of Village Pizza and the old Corrales post office, messing with the frames was in order.

I thought of doing the photos on a sudden impulse, turned into the bank drive through and circled around through the parking lot. A Corrales cop car was parked at the top of the lot, which made me wonder if he, she or they were going to think I looked suspicious and stop me. Whichever sex cop, or possible cop sex was in the car, they were either preoccupied or asleep, because they let me be — not normal for Corrales police.

I walked across Corrales Road twice, taking my life in my hands, and weathered a number of skateboarders who swarmed out of the park by the Library on their way to Village Pizza. The skateboard park is a quarter mile south of the Library park, so I was a little confused as to why so many skateboarders were coming out of the park. Perhaps they were practicing their night moves in the band shell.

Like Salvador Dali, some things will aways remain a mystery.



No comments:

Post a Comment