Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Here's Looking at You X 6

While I was out inspecting the iris, which are very damaged from the hard frost, and reluctant to bloom again even though it was 80º F today, the crab spider presented herself on one of the wilted irises. The problem was the sun had just set, I had just finished lifting weights, so between low light (shutter speed of 1/15 sec no stabilization in the lens or camera) and being shaky from the weights, I only got a couple of photos of the spider in focus. It was too bad because she was going through all her poses for me.

I went to a medieval lunch and learn at UNM today. While walking from T parking to Mesa Vista Hall, I passed by one of the frat houses they are demolishing. For a long time it was just abandoned, but at noon today it was reduced to ruble and I'm pretty sure the lot is now cleared.

I also walked by a scooter with antlers and various other interesting boxes and nets attached to it. Antlers seem to be a popular accouterment for motorcycles around here.

While I was scanning some stuff for Laurie a moth landed on the screen. When I shined a light on it to get the shutter speed manageable, the moth started vibrating its wings, making it impossible to get a really clear shot.

The Obama administration has made a total mess out of this OBL killing. They can't get their stories straight, and now they won't release photos. Senator Brown said he saw the photos, but then they were determined to be doctored. Democrats who lambasted Bush for pursuing OBL are now falling all over themselves to praise Obama. War and killing becomes okay when it's their party doing it.





No comments:

Post a Comment