Friday, February 25, 2011

Picketed Sunset

We had the sunset all round tonight — pinks, yellows, purples and reds in every direction. At first I didn't think the sunset would develop, but then the mountains turned pink and soon after the skies were full of color.

Everyone decided to go back to work and school starting Wednesday. Traffic was very slow Wednesday, Thursday and today at 8:00 am. As traffic crept along I could see women in my rearview mirrors and in cars on either side of me putting on makeup. And why not? They might as well get a few extra minutes of sleep and use the time sitting in traffic dolling themselves up. Normally they are putting on eye shadow, mascara, rouge and lipstick, but this morning one young woman was putting on false eye lashes while creeping along beside us. She looked rather strange holding the eyelash holder on her eyelid with one hand, steering with her knees, while pawing around in her makeup kit with her other hand. She managed to stay on the road, not run into anyone or put an eye out that I could tell. Pretty good!  I couldn't see clearly enough to tell whether she got her lashes on straight, but she seemed to have gotten herself together by the time we got to I-25.


West
East
North
South
West


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks for showing the full spectrum of last night's sky.

    ReplyDelete