Tuesday, May 3, 2011

B&W Lilies

I'm trying to figure out what the point is behind the supposed killing of Osama bin Laden. For a president who, as a senator, wanted to strip the intelligence services, military, and White House of all the tools used in the reported successful raid on the OBL compound to be celebrating the killing of OBL and his family seems to me not only to be highly hypocritical, but deranged (I read they spared his wife, and were even nice about it by only shooting her in the leg) . 

The media is in a feeding frenzy about how great our intelligence and military are, and hyping up the photos that the White House is preparing for release to prove they got OLB. The press is wringing their hands about whether the photos are too gory for a sensitive American public. It's contrived idiocy. Believe me, most people will have seem way more gory photos either real or CG than the one of OLB with a bullet wound in his temple and left eye. The press is hyping the photos to create lots of views. I already found the supposed photos, and am waiting to see if the "official" release is the same.

If they really killed OBL, I have to ask myself: do I feel safer? No! Has Obama proved to me that he is a leader? No!  Is killing OBL going to turn our economy around, ease the country's debt, or create jobs? No! So I'm still left asking myself what's the point?

On the home front, the temperature was 16ยบ F at 7:00 am this morning and everything was frosty, like the second photo of the Drumstick Allium. The kitty photo of the day is by Laurie of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern lounging on the deck after wearing themselves out rolling in the dirt!





No comments:

Post a Comment