Monday, May 2, 2011

1930 Harley

We stopped by the post office on the way home and parked next to a 1930 Harley Davidson.  The owner came out of the post office as I got out of the car, so I asked him about the bike and if I could photograph it. He said he got it in parts from New Zealand and rebuilt it. He said it's also one of the most reliable motorcycles he has. He showed me the process for starting it. He turned on the gas cock, set the spark advance to max, and kick started it. It fired up after a couple of kicks and he was off.

Stretch tested looking in the new window tonight. The screen gives him an interesting soft focus effect. The new windows are well insulated so the kitties can't hear me talk to them, and their meows are silent.

The temperature was 20º F at 7:30 am and there was frost on everything. I photographed on of the Alliums up close with the frost lining its tiny flowers. Snow started falling around 8:00 am and we drove in a snow storm until we got on I-25 at Alameda.

We are sure it will freeze again tonight, so we put sheets and rags on the iris and Laurie put more mulch on the rose bushes. 








No comments:

Post a Comment