Friday, February 4, 2011

Claws & Fangs

The sunset was colorful tonight both in the northern skies and in the southern skies.  The temperature was 10º F at 7:15 am, so either it stabilized overnight or warmed back up before sunrise. We had a sunny day, but I don't think the PNM building ever showed a temperature over 31ºF. Nevertheless, the west side of the mountains had much less snow this afternoon, and most of the snow had melted off the road. There is still a couple inches of snow covering the property, otherwise.

Rosencrantz likes to lay on my legs and show his claws when I pet him, but every time I grab my camera to get a photo of his claws, he would retract them. I finally got a photo  with his claws out. It kind of reminds me of Dr. Strange Love.


Sunset looking north

Sunset looking south

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember not too long ago the pics you posted of an anticipated sunset that never quite materialized? This was the exact opposite! There wasn't a cloud in the sky in the middle of the afternoon, and I did not even look for sunset. I just happened to pass by the patio door and went "whoa, where did that come from?" New Mexico, "Land of Enchantment."
    I liked Lars' pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to look at from the different directions!

    ReplyDelete